- 17-Jul-2014 to 15-Sep-2014 (EST)
- Chester, VA, USA
- Full Time
Enclos Corp. is one of the premier organizations involved with the development and application of advance façade technology. Our work at Enclos is vital; it shapes the appearance of cities and provides comfort and protection to countless people. More than anything else, we recognize that Enclos has always been about its people, the many people that have been involved in these building endeavors over the years, people that stand as distinctively as the buildings we clad. Building these monumental works requires a team of dedicated and committed people, and this has always been the key to our success. The best people in the business build the best facades in the world.
We are currently looking for QC/QA Specialist for both our Richmond and Chester, Virginia, Plants. The QC/QA Specialist conducts tests and inspections to determine quality of raw materials, in process materials, and finished products to ensure quality of raw materials and finished products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality control review of the fabrication and assembly of curtainwall and other building enclosure systems.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, finished goods, or stability samples using destructive and nondestructive tests at specified stages in production process to measure performance, life, or material characteristics. Testing may consist of measuring dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Interpret test results by applying statistical quality control procedures, compare results to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Work with Project Coordinators to generate project specific QA/QC Checklists.
- Enforce requirements and stop production if serious product defects are present.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing and inspection procedures.
- Calibrate, validate, and/or maintain inspection/testing equipment.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors. Confers with all required parties to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- A minimum of an Associate's degree in Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Architecture, or related field or equivalent of +5 years of practical work experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance in a production or manufacturing setting, esp. in the field of construction or curtainwall, or consulting in a similar position is required. A Bachelor's degree in Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Architecture, or related field are preferred.
- Ability to read and write English with excellent communication skills, follow verbal instructions, and use complex mathematics.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- A working knowledge of ASTM, AAMA, and GANA specifications and guidelines relating to building enclosure systems a plus.
- Good computer skills, to include Microsoft Office Suite, IBM Notes, etc.
Enclos Corp. is an equal opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!